10 wonders of November
Is it really the middle of November? Is there a way to slow the time? Fast-paced, November will end in a blink of an eye. Before we part ways, I am sharing the 10 wonders that make this particular month - “major.”
1. JOSIE JOSIE JOSIE! Our daughter’s personality is showing through her facial expressions, sound productions, and focused attention. Everything about her is becoming more fun. We can now enjoy her company without being nervous. Her little smirks bloom into smiles that light up the entire room. She sings her heart out as she achieves the perfect vocal production;) She tears up and gets emotional when she gets super caught up in a song. It’s the cutest thing in the WORLD! Also, it is officially unsafe to leave her unattended at the changing station. She gets so hyper and scoots backwards on her feet. She will pull off the great escape. I repeat, she will fall off!
2. We are currently preparing for Josie’s first flight. In December, we are going on our first trip abroad with a baby. Figuratively speaking, I bite my nails when I imagine traveling with a baby. Teddy and I broke a sweat the first time she started crying during a church service... We’ve been doing our research on how to make this easy on all of us. Since many of you already gained personal experience on how to do this correctly, please enlighten us with your tips and advice. We will appreciate it very much!
3. We will be hosting a family Thanksgiving dinner for the first time. Good thing our family isn’t a small village. We can all fit into our quaint and cozy apartment.
4. Our Christmas tree is up! Every year for no particular reason, we put up the tree before Thanksgiving. All of a sudden, the living room becomes merry and bright.
5. After fully recovering from my delivery, I’ve begun exercising. Staying as safe as possible, I’ve been building up my workouts. Last week, we hit Corepower Yoga for the first time since pregnancy. Thanks to my “@ home” workouts, I’ve managed to get through the one hour class. It felt great to be back. I’m proud of my sore muscles.
6. We are dedicating our daughter to the Lord at church. After our dad ( pastor) comes back from Russia, Josie will receive God’s blessing upon her. We fully believe in the power of prayer.
7. Every year, Teddy and his family do a secret santa gift exchange. This way, instead of buying every family member a gift, you only buy one and you get one back. My family, on the other hand, has always purchased gifts for every member of the family. Realizing that Christmas isn’t supposed to be stressful and expensive at all, we chose to exchange gifts through secret santa. Except, no secrets - we all know who we drew. We like to choose our gifts, haha.
8. Another year, another move! This month we’ve come to a conclusion that we want to move back to our first city. This time, we are getting a two bedroom because our family grew. I know this seems crazy but a good location is important for safety and convenience.
9. MORE PLANNING! This months seems to be the perfect time to plan out next year’s trips and events. God willing, we have this crazy idea of gathering a group of 40-50 people for a 10 day trip to Israel in the spring. This trip will include relaxation, exploration, and memories of a lifetime. We cannot do this alone, which is why we will have a tour guide with years of expertise - dad. Direct message us if you’re interested in joining.
10. Thanksgiving isn’t Thanksgiving without a youth conference. Our local church here in Shakopee, Minnesota will be hosting an annual youth conference. The Sharikov Band will be leading worship this year. Come and join us as we sing our praise to our well-deserving God. You will meet friendly people, eat Russian food, and experience the best of our northern state.